Antivirus Monitor Removal Tips
Antivirus Monitor is a rogue security program that displays fake warning about various infections attacking your computer. If you got infected with Antivirus Monitor, keep in mind that none of the texts in the warnings are true and remove Antivirus Monitor instead of worrying about fake threats.
The rogue security program comes from the same branch as Antimalware GO or AntiVira Av.
Why is Antivirus Monitor dangerous?
Rogue security programs are really dangerous, so is Antivirus Monitor. Once it is installed, it will start working automatically without your permission. Delete Antivirus Monitor from your PC now if you want to avoid many possible ways to infect your computer. First of all, if Antivirus Monitor has infiltrated your system, it will display many, many fake warnings that can sound threatening. Remember that none of them are true. A warning can look like this:
Antivirus software alert
Your computer is being attacked by an Internet virus. It could be password-stealing attack, a trojan-dropper or similar.
The rogue security program can even state that many of your applications are infected when, in fact, they are not. It may not let you open the said applications. Furthermore, Antivirus Monitor may not let you visit the websites you want to. It can display something similar to the following message:
Internet Explorer Warning – visiting this web site may harm your computer!
Most likely causes:
– The website contains exploits that can launch a malicious code on your computer
– Suspicious network activity detected
– There might be an active spyware running on your computer
The rogue program may let you visit only the websites related to it, in other words, only unsafe pages that can bring other malware into your PC by displaying ads. After displaying various warnings, Antivirus Monitor will offer you to purchase its full version in order to get rid of all the viruses that are claimed to inhabit your system. Never send money to the creators of rogue security programs because you will not only lose the money you pay for a non-existing program, but also the hackers will get to know your bank account details. If you have already sent money to the scammers, please contact your banking company and explain them why you want to cancel the payment. If this is not enough to you, Antivirus Monitor is able to install other malicious programs by itself. Uninstall Antivirus Monitor before any of this happens.
How did I get Antivirus Monitor on my computer?
Antivirus Monitor, like other rogue anti-spyware programs, can come because of unsafe online activity. It can come to your PC via infected websites and fake online scanners. Also, a Trojan virus can infect your computer with this kind of malware. Antivirus Monitor removal should be your first concern if you still want your computer to be a well-working machine.
How to remove Antivirus Monitor from my PC?
It is possible to delete Antivirus Monitor manually from your computer. However, you are advised to scan your system with a legitimate anti-spyware and anti-malware tool to get rid of all the other infections occupying your PC. If you are concerned with Antivirus Monitor removal, please follow the steps provided below:
- Restart the computer. Before Windows is launched and your computer is still in the restarting process, keep pressing “F8” key repeatedly. By using the arrow keys, choose the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and press ENTER.
- Open Internet Explorer. Choose the Tools menu and navigate to Internet Options.
- Open the Connections tab. Press the LAN settings button.
- Local Area Network (LAN) settings window will appear. In the proxy Server section, you will see a checkbox named Use a proxy server for your LAN. Uncheck it and click OK.
- Now you should download an automatic spyware and malware removal tool and scan the system.