Advertising supported applications are known as annoying and undesirable intruders which sometimes can be hard to get rid of. As you probably already guessed from the name, such programs are designed to present users with various advertisements that belong to the promoted parties. Ad-supported software earns money for every click on the sponsored ads which is why it tries to induce you to choose them by presenting you with as many advertisements as possible. Users usually find the never ending flow of pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, pop-unders, etc. highly annoying and distracting.
They even claim that the ads is the main reason they decide to terminate adware from their systems. Keeping in mind that the ads usually appear in all windows opened by the user, such reaction seems completely reasonable. However, while the irritation caused by the pop-ups understandably makes your browsing miserable, you should keep in mind that there are many more dangerous features of this type of software which you should know about.
Probably the worst thing that may happen because an adware resides in your PC is malware infection. According to computer experts, ad-supported software holds no legal responsibility over the contents of the ads and thus, it does not check them or their owners. As a result, such applications are often exploited by malicious parties which means that after you choose one of the presented ads, you can be routed to a malignant website. It should be obvious that the possibility that you will encounter cyber crooks and will get infected with a virus, Trojan, keylogger, etc. is very big in such pages. Needless to say, users should do everything to avoid malware infections, because the aftermath of them may involve monetary loss or identity theft. To keep your system safe you should stay away from the ads and take care of adware removal as soon as possible.
Users are usually very unhappy when they find out that the intruder tracks their online habits as well. Such software is usually able to collect user’s search queries, visited pages, clicks, geographical location, and so on. The gathered data is mainly used to personalize the ads, however afterwards it is sold to the unknown third parties too. Keeping in mind the potentially suspicious nature of the parties this adware works with, it would be unwise to tolerate such spread of your information.
Finally, in order to understand how to protect your computer from similar adware applications in the future, you need to understand how it is distributed. Computer experts claim that this software usually travels in freeware bundles. You are at risk of accidentally downloading ad-supported program, if you often use unofficial pages to acquire free of charge software. The best decision, of course, would be to change your sources. However, if you do not wish to do that, you should at least try to monitor the installations more closely. Make sure to choose Advanced or Custom option and to deselect the additional applications. We urge you to be more cautious and to take better care of your computer from now on.
Remove Chrome Extension from your computer
While adware removal often causes troubles, users seem to have especially many difficulties while dealing with Chrome Extensions. To assist you, we prepared these instructions which should definitely help you clean your PC.
- If you are in Google Chrome Extensions (tap ALT+F and go to Tools), make sure that Developer mode is on.
- Then press Start button on the Taskbar and navigate to Control Panel.
- On the left, select Classic View and choose Folder Options.
- Move to View tab and mark Show hidden files and folder.
- Press Apply and click OK.
- Now go to Computer and choose Local Disc (C).
- Pick Users and afterwards select User.
- Move to AppData and open Local.
- Choose Google, press Chrome and User Data.
- Finally, click Default and Extensions.
- Determine which extension is the one you wan to remove (by matching an ID with the one you see in Google Chrome Extensions).
- Right-click the unwanted extension, select Delete and tap Yes.
- We advise to remove the undesirable extension from your Recycle Bin as well.
- To hide the Hidden files and folders again, use earlier instructions to access Folder Options and pick Do not show hidden files and folders. Press Apply and tap OK.