What is Dezipper Toolbar?
Dezipper Toolbar is an application developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. It is usually classified as a potentially unwanted or ad-supported program. The software is promoted at its official webpage, dezipper.com. The site states that you can use the toolbar to access file compression tools. It should allow you to convert, compress and decompress files from your browser. The site also states that you need to install a supporting application in order to use the toolbar and that it comes with a convenient web search.
These features may seem rather useful, however, the main purpose of the application has nothing to do with them. The software is aimed at generating web traffic and thus making profit for its developers. We suggest that you delete Dezipper Toolbar from your PC as soon as you can.
How does Dezipper Toolbar work?
Mindspark Interactive Network is infamous for creating various toolbars that supposedly can provide you with relevant and useful features. The company has released a number of programs similar to Dezipper Toolbar, such as ConvertDocsNow Toolbar, MergeDocsOnline Toolbar, EliteUnzip Toolbar, and more. All of these programs have official sites where they can be downloaded, however, they also travel bundled with other freeware. If you have acquire the toolbar along with free third party software, you may have additional unwanted programs on your PC. You should eliminate Dezipper Toolbar along with them.
Once the application gets installed, it adds a toolbar to your browser and changes your preferred browser settings. Your home page and default search provider are switched to Ask.com. Although Ask Search is a reliable engine, it will show you results that are filled with sponsored ads and links. We do not recommend clicking on them. The promoted links may be unsafe. If you want to go back to using your regular search tools, you will have to get rid of Dezipper Toolbar and restore your browser settings.
How to remove Dezipper Toolbar?
You can terminate Dezipper Toolbar manually or automatically. Automatic removal is a more effective solution, because it will help you make sure that you erase Dezipper Toolbar along with all other threats that your system may contain. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your system. It will detect all potentially unwanted applications and delete Dezipper Toolbar along with them. The software will also safeguard your computer in the future by shielding it from various online infections. If, however, you decide to remove Dezipper Toolbar manually, you can follow the instructions presented below.
Manual Dezipper Toolbar removal guide
1) Delete Dezipper Toolbar from Windows:
- Press Win+C and click Settings
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Uninstall Dezipper
Windows 7 and Vista/Windows XP
- Access Control Panel via Start menu
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose Dezipper and click Uninstall/Remove
2) Restore your browser settings:
- Click on the menu icon and select Add-ons
- Go to Extensions and delete Dezipper
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab change your home page
- On the Search tab remove Ask Search and set a new provider
- Click on Chrome menu, select Tools and go to Extensions
- Choose and terminate Dezipper
- Go to Settings and click Set pages under On startup section
- Overwrite your home page and click OK
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Ask Search and choose a new provider
- Tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions eliminate Dezipper
- In Search Providers erase Ask Search
- Select a new default search engine
- Press Alt+T again and go to Internet Options
- Replace your home page and click OK