Hi.ru Removal Guide
Hi.ru is a browser hijacker, the appearance of which can be a little deceiving: it looks quite useful and harmless, but the reality is different. It is able to hijack all three main browser which are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Another important fact is that Hi.ru does all the changes without your permission, including changing your homepage, default search provider, and new tab. If you open this website, you will see a search bar and 8 shortcuts that include Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and other popular websites. You shouldn’t think that these shortcuts are worth risking your PC safety – simply remove Hi.ru so that you could browse safely.
Why is Hi.ru dangerous?
How did I get infected with Hi.ru?
The most usual method for browser hijacker to infiltrate your computer is called bundling. It means that the potentially unwanted program (PUP) simply slithers into your system when you download various types of free software. Usually, bundles with adware, browser hijackers, Trojans, etc., come from P2P file sharing sites. That is why it is not recommended to visit suspicious websites. In addition, when you install software on your PC, opt for Advanced or Custom installation types to see the list of programs that are ready for installation.
How to uninstall Hi.ru from my computer?
If you are considering manual Hi.ru removal, be sure to follow the steps that are given to you, and scan you personal computer with a good anti-spyware and anti-malware tool afterwards. If, by any case, you find the instructions unclear and too difficult, simply use a good spyware removal tool to get the job done for you.
Delete Hi.ru from your Windows system
1. Go to the Start menu.
2. Open Control Panel.
3. Choose Add or Remove Programs.
4. Terminate Hi.ru.
Windows 7 and Vista
1. Go to the Start menu.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Choose Uninstall a program.
4. Uninstall Hi.ru.
1. Navigate the mouse to the bottom-left corner of the window and right-click.
2. Choose Control panel.
3. Select Uninstall a program.
4. Uninstall the unwanted application.
Delete Hi.ru from your browser
1. Tap Alt+T and go to Internet Options.
2. Set a new homepage under the General tab. Click OK.
3. Tap Alt+T and go to manage Add-ons.
4. Select Search Providers and set a new default search provider.
1. Press Alt+T and go to Settings.
2. Under On Startup, find and choose the last option. Press set pages.
3. Remove the unwanted page and set a new one.
4. Under Search, press Manage search engines and select a new default search provider.
1. Tap Alt+T and go to Options.
2. Navigate to the General tab, change your homepage, and click OK.
3. Find the search engine icon that is placed next to the search box.
4. Click it, and set a new default search provider.