ScreenLocker Ransomware Removal Guide
If a message warning that your computer is heavily infected with malicious software locks your screen, it is very likely that ScreenLocker Ransomware has managed to enter your system. This infection belongs to the family of Screenlockers; thus, you should not expect that it will let you use your computer freely.
Luckily, it does not require any ransom as other similar threats, which means that it will be just enough to delete ScreenLocker Ransomware in order to be able to access your programs and documents as well as do various daily activities without any interruptions again. Unfortunately, it is not an easy task to get rid of ScreenLocker Ransomware because it is impossible to eliminate via Control Panel. On top of that, the infection blocks .exe files that you will not be able to access Task Manager and Registry Editor as well.
The main symptom that ScreenLocker Ransomware hides on your system is the presence of the message “THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC WELCOMES YOUR ALLEGIANCE” on your screen. What is more, you will definitely notice that ScreenLocker Ransomware not only changes the background, but also blocks internet connection and internet browsers. On top of that, it will always start with Windows; thus, it would be too naive to think that it will disappear if you reboot your computer. As you have probably understood, you will not be able to use your computer unless you eliminate ScreenLocker Ransomware.
As other serious computer infections, ScreenLocker Ransomware enters the system without user’s permission mainly. The security have carried out a research and found out that this infection might have slithered onto your computer via spam email attachments. In addition, it might have also entered your computer with a help of other suspicious programs. Keep in mind that there are plenty of similar threats on the web; thus, you have to take care of your computer’s security in advance in order not to allow them slither onto your computer in the future. The easiest way to protect your system from future threats is to install an antimalware tool on the system.
It is very difficult to remove ScreenLocker Ransomware manually because this threat cannot be removed via Control Panel. Therefore, we recommend that you acquire an antimalware tool, for instance, SpyHunter and then scan your system. In order to download a security tool, you will have to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. The instructions placed below the article will help you to do that; thus, you will definitely not face any difficulties.
Remove ScreenLocker Ransomware
Uninstall ScreenLocker Ransomware from Windows 8
1. Access the Metro UI menu (tap the Windows key).
2. Open your browser and then go to http://www.removepc-virus.com/download-scn.
3. Download SpyHunter and install it.
4. Launch the scanner to delete all the existing infections.
Delete ScreenLocker Ransomware from Windows 7 and Vista
1. Restart your computer.
2. Start tapping F8 immediately when BIOS loads up.
3. Select Safe Mode with Networking using arrow keys. Tap Enter.
4. Open your browser and type in http://www.removepc-virus.com/download-scn.
5. Download an automatic malware remover and scan your computer.
Terminate ScreenLocker Ransomware from Windows XP
1. Reboot your PC.
2. When BIOS loads, start tapping F8 immediately.
3. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
4. Tap Enter.
5. Click Yes.
6. Click the Start button and click RUN.
7. Enter msconfig and click OK.
8. Open the Startup tab, select Disable All, and click OK.
9. Download SpyHunter from http://www.removepc-virus.com/download-scn.
10. Restart your computer and install the software on the system.