Search8844.com Removal Tips
If you are surprised to discover Search8844.com set as the home page of Chrome, IE and Firefox browsers, it is possible that you have acquired this search tool by accident. It may be installed onto the browsers alongside other equally as questionable software; however, it cannot be installed silently, without your permission.
Unfortunately, computer users often install applications without paying too much attention to them or the additional offers, and so bundled programs get installed seemingly without authorization. All in all, there are a few other reasons you may want to remove Search8844.com.
As soon as Search8844.com is installed, you will find a desktop shortcut entitled เปิดเว็บ. This shortcut will open a hijacked browser. As mentioned before, you will be greeted with the newly set start page Search8844.com; however, you also need to look out for the modified default search provider (google.co.th) and the modified Target lines. Luckily, the suspicious search provider is not operated in the same way as the devious istart123.com, v9.com or webssearches.com hijackers. In order to remove these from the affected browsers, you would need to delete corrupted Target lines manually. In order to fix the Targets affected by Search8844.com, all you have to do is uninstall/remove the application from the computer. In fact, this will be enough to remove the search tool from Mozilla Firefox and Chrome browsers as well. To delete Search8844.com from Internet Explorer, you will need to modify the settings manually.
Even though the removal of the search tool provided by Garena Online is not that complicated, you may face serious trouble when getting rid of other malware. As mentioned before, malicious, unreliable programs could be installed alongside Search8844.com. Since not many computer users are capable of detecting all threats by themselves, authentic malware scanners have been created. Install a legitimate, trustworthy scanner, and it will inform you which programs to delete. Needless to say, you should not postpone the removal of the discovered threats because they may be dangerous to the security of your virtual identity.
As promised, we have produced the manual Search8844.com removal instructions. Unfortunately, these guides are not fault-proof. Even if you uninstall the program and delete the undesirable search tool from the web browsers, it is likely that certain files and registry entries will be left behind. It is as important to remove these as it is to delete additionally running malware. Use a well-rounded security tool to have the existing threats removed automatically.
Remove Search8844.com from Windows
Delete Search8844.com from Windows 8:
1. Access the Metro UI menu (tap the Windows key on the keyboard).
2. Right-click on the screen and select All apps (Apps menu).
3. Select Control Panel and then click Uninstall a program.
4. Right-click the entry representing Search8844.com and click Uninstall.
Uninstall Search8844.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
1. Scroll down to the Taskbar and click the Windows button on the left.
2. Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click the application you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
Terminate Search8844.com from Windows XP:
1. Scroll down to the Taskbar and click the Start button on the left.
2. Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Find the undesirable program, click it and finally select Remove.
Remove Search8844.com from Internet Explorer:
1. Launch the browser.
2. Simultaneously tap Alt+T (Tools menu).
3. Select Manage Add-ons.
4. Click Search Providers.
5. Add a new default search provider.
6. Remove the undesirable search provider.
7. Click Close.
8. Simultaneously tap Alt+T again.
9. Select Internet Options.
10. Click the General tab.
11. Overwrite/delete the Home Page URL.
12. Click OK and restart IE browser.